Presenting Your Property
Home > Selling > Presenting Your Property
First impressions count, so it's important to make sure that your property looks its best from the moment it goes onto the market for sale.
Here are our tips for presenting your property:
- Pavement Appeal: Make sure the front of your property looks appealing and inviting. A weed-free garden and some attractive pot plants - borrowed or hired - can make all the difference.
- Clean and Bright: Before every viewing give your property a once over, ensuring that windows are clean inside and out - it's surprising how much difference it makes to the light.
- Cut the Clutter: You want the prospective buyer to be able to imagine their own belongings in the property, so de-clutter to keep things tidy. Less clutter will also help make the size of each room appear larger.
- Fix It: From leaking taps to a broken bulb, make sure the minor repairs are taken care of. A lick of paint will freshen scuffs and scrapes in the woodwork. There's no need to redecorate, just some basic maintenance work will help to ensure buyers don't find any faults. Why let a small thing jeopardise a big deal!
- Freshen Up: Get rid of smoke or pet odours. Open the windows, brew some fresh coffee, and brighten the place up with fresh flowers. If you're burning incense, make sure it is subtle. In the kitchen, hand-pick herbs and place them in a glass of water.
- Light and Magic: Increase the sense of space with mirrors and lights and leave all internal doors open.
- Pets: Always clean and tidy up after your pets and take them out of the property during open times.
- Warmth: Create warmth by preparing your home to suit the temperature of the day. If it's cold, light fires, turn on patio heaters and heating. If it's hot, turn on fans and cooling systems.
TIP: Buy new towels for the bathroom and display them at open times.
Preception is reality, and creating a warm, homely and inviting environment will position your property ahead of other properties in a buyer's mind.